Thursday, April 17, 2008

Artist Statements: Part 4

Linda Thomas
There is an elegant beauty in trivial objects and bits of nature and this is reflected in my work. I love the unpredictability of intaglio printmaking and I use different techniques to achieve textures and values. My subjects are often selected because they seem forgotten or simply evoke memories. I am intrigued by the Dutch still life paintings and I've begun to paint with oil on paper to visually explore tactile and light qualities without striving for photo-realism.

Kate Treick
Painting has been a wonderful creative outlet for me since my grandmother gave me my first set of oil paints when I was eleven. My work includes detailed mixed-media pieces that explore the play of light and shadow on flower petals and abstract acrylic paintings that explore color and texture. In both types of work I am inspired by light and color and in my flower paintings I celebrate the beauty of God's creation.

Kristine Zacharias
I am constantly absorbed in the act of looking, whether at something exquisite or mundane. Art is for me a way of combining these two while connecting with the people around me. Using found images and my own photographs, my collages and paintings illustrate a reality like that of memories-a combination of recollection, stories, memorabilia and photo albums-exploring the tension between history and myth, representation and abstraction, public and personal images and their collective meanings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home