Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Artist Statements: Part two

Lauren Cox
Through my work I wish to show the beauty of the body using traditional mediums. I love how intricately we have been made and I hate how the media touches women up, putting unrealistic standards on girls today. I don't want to make a forceful statement, but I do hope that my studies of the human body shown in its natural state has some effect.

Jennifer Kring
I strive to create compositions that provide a window into a story...a story of a life lived or a dream imagined. These works beckon the viewer to envision the possibilities of our own everyday as well as fantastic worlds we lived in as children. The process of creating this kind of enviroment requires the use of a variety of mediums, so I use what best suites the subject, which are then applied to canvas with beeswax.

Katie Ward Knutson
Light is one of the fundamental elements that make images attractive in art. I have loved experimenting with portraying light and how it interacts with our memory and senses. I love seeing how the camera captures light. In my Metro series, I have found photographs that capture the light as it dominates a dark, urban space and I replicate them with paint on canvas.

I have been really enjoying celebrating the little things in creation. Birds and rabbits are easily overlooked, or never seen. Through the eyes of my little children I have rediscovered these creatures and how lovely and special they are. The shapes of these animals lend themselves to study and experimentation. I have a very special place for sharing art with everyone, and being able to create tasteful and decorative pieces of art. I hope these small pieces can bring smiles to young and old, the new art patron and the seasoned collector

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home