Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Artist Statements: Part Three


Lauren Leutwiler
I have painted two icons in the traditional manner in the past two years. I am amazed by the process and meaning of painting icons. Currently my artworks blend my desire to better understand icons with my desire to make prints. The richness of the mark-making and the strong graphic imagery of a carved and printed plate are wonderful. I love that the process of making a series of final artworks from one plate allows for many people to be able to afford an original piece of art.
Suzanne Moore
Color photography has embedded itself into my daily life, as I now see the world as I do through my viewfinder. Capturing a moment on paper is one thing, being in control of color using light in the darkroom is humbly exhilerating. I intentionally get lost driving in search to bring back my bizarre findings. I look to create a dialogue between attraction and repulsion, seduction and fear. Being a painter initially, I use light on paper like paint on canvas, manipulating it until satisfied with the composition.
Diane Reed
My work is a response to the sights and circumstances I find in my life or as I travel halfway fascinating frameworks halfway around the world. Recently as I have been developing sketches from the "Palio" in Sienna, Italy and those from the Massai in Kenya, I am reminded of the contrasts of how we invest our lives, our precious moments given on the same God given sun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home