Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Featured Artists: Maria Cardillo and Mary Ferris

I can't say I know much about photography but I know I love this shot. I have a thing for the beauty of decay. The color combo of sunbleached turquoise and rust is very beautiful. The lines are real and captured in a way that find the unique symmetry of the collapse of this structure. I can't wait to see other work Maria has to show us all.



Mary Ferris has been loving life with her one year old Henry and displaying her talents at the Clothesline Show is greatly appreciated by me! When young moms realize that their art is still so important even though their everyday tasks and priorities may have changed, what evolves is a stronger person and a happier mother! And hopefully a love for the arts in her little ones. I love the photo that Mary submitted. It has a beautiful movement that suggests joy with a smidge of eeriness. I know there is a story behind this one, I can't wait to see Mary at the Clothesline Show and ask her about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home