Thursday, May 3, 2007

Featured Artist: Kelly Ann Wilkes


I have loved Kelly's work since I first saw it. The first things I saw of hers were pieces she did in college and the first thing I thought was, "Oh, boy, she's gonns give me a run for my money!" Kelly's work is so whimsical, peacful, poetic and captures pieces of life that are universal and uniquely Kelly's. She works with pen and ink, black and white and with color. Her most recent work is polished and methodical with free thoughts inter-twined. Her family bonds must effect her work so much because the celebration of children, relationships, literary imagery are all there. Kelly is newly married and a new mama, I can't wait to see what she creates in lew of her huge life changes. Come to the Clothesline Show and check out what Kelly has to offer!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home