Friday, April 20, 2007

Contradictions & Collaborations



I went and saw two of my professors from Chattanooga State in an art show last night. It was called Contradictions and Collaborations. Mike Holsomback's style pretty much defined how I started to paint and it is eery how our styles continue to be the same. I talked to Mike about what he used for his most recent work. I was curious about the spray paint. And in typical Mike style he said, "It's the special kind of spray paint I get at Lowe's." Also he made sure that the oil based spray paint went with the oil paint and the waterbased went on the waterbased paint. Wisdom. This is an excellent show. Ken Paige's work is amazing with all the masking he did for some crisp tight edges. My husband didn't believe me when I told him Ken taped off everything, but I swear, there are some seriously complicated cuts. They received money from Allied Arts for this show, and the work is wonderfully collaborative. Check it out at The Gallery in Red Bank. am also reminded of another teacher of mine, Lauren Leutwiler who is doing alot of dogs lately. Mike always paints his black and white dog, and Lauren's style of painting pooches is very similar. Come see her dogs painted on mylar at the Clothesline Show, May 18&19.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home